While these can feel like uncertain times, one important thing hasn’t changed: Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (OTMH) is here to provide the care you need, close to home.
To support OTMH and the healthcare providers who are caring for our community, Oakville Hospital Foundation has established the OTMH Response Fund with a goal of raising $3 million. Three long-time supporters of OHF have pledged to give 15% of the goal ($450,000) once we reach the $2.550 million mark.
Donations will have an immediate impact on our hospital, enabling us to acquire additional beds, ventilators and other equipment and resources our clinical staff require to provide safe, world-class care to our patients and the community.
At OTMH, our dedicated team of healthcare professionals are here to serve our community during the pandemic and beyond. Join us as we move through this pandemic and continue providing the exemplary care to our community.
Priority items include:
- 80 patient beds.
- 1 Microbiology BDMax Analyzer which uses molecular technology to quickly detect organisms and create additional capacity for COVID-19 testing in-house, enabling fast diagnosis and appropriate treatment to our patients.
- 3 Critical Care (ICU) ventilators which are designed to provide a breath type that manages a patient’s work of breathing in a more natural way compared to conventional mechanical ventilation.
- 3 portable ventilators that help patients who are unable to breathe on their own and offer features to treat chronic and critical patients in a variety of settings, such as sub-acute or chronic care environments or a patient’s home.
- 4 patient monitors with adaptors which provide a clear picture of the patient’s vital signs along with relevant clinical information from their bedside.
- Support and resources for the new in-house testing lab which assists with rapid case identification, surge planning, and staff and physician screening.
- Additional resources to support the physical and mental wellness of caregivers.
Let’s rally behind our OTMH frontline workers and ensure they have what they need to diagnose, treat and care for patients in our community.
about the other ways you can support OTMH and our frontline healthcare workers.